Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Bring out the woollies!


Pull out the tuques, sweaters, socks and jackets! With the start of December there is the start of the frigid temperature. This morning it was a freezing 18 degrees out and I have to admit that I’ve resorted to heating some water on my stove before taking my bucket shower; otherwise I’m sure I would give up showering all together! However once you run out of that warm water, oh boy you are cold!! 18 degrees you may think is not cold, especially as back home you are now entering the bellow 0 temperatures and the snow is falling, but when the day is between 30-35 and it drops to 18, trust me you are cold. With the looming Harmatan the winds have also started and they are no longer a nice warm breeze. I’ve taken to wearing a sweater to bike to work, though I am often passed by people wearing tuques and winter jackets. I still have yet to purchase a blanket, next on my To Do list, so have spent the past two nights sleeping under a pile of skirts, works alright.

No comments: