Friday, January 25, 2008

Mission: find goat!


Now if you have ever looked for a goat you will know that it is not easy to do and it is even harder when you are looking for a specific goat. Two days ago the neighbour thought that it would be nice to let the goat roam free with other goats in the field. True it is a nice idea, but the goat has only been with us for a week and half so really has no idea of where her new house is. We hope to be able to let her roam in about 2 month’s time once she is truly adapted to her new surroundings. The neighbour removed her cord while we were at work. When I got home she came to tell me that the goat was gone. I quickly left looking for her, but with the sun setting it is impossible. I went to tell the women from whom we bought the goat as I figured if the goat went anywhere she would probably return there. She promised to keep an eye out for her. The problem is here everyone has told us stories of animals being stolen or grabbed while wandering around and resold. So naturally I imagined the worst.

The next morning Boris and I headed out early by bike to search. Most of our day was spent searching and getting to know our neighbourhood very well. Luckily by 4pm we found her with her at her old house. Goat is now back home and I’m now relaxed again. I do think that she needs a friend though, maybe a sheep…

No comments: